Thursday, March 13, 2008

Photo Quilt

After Janet left, I started working on a photo wall hanging, ordered by a co-workers friend, for his wife's birthday. The wife is a quilter and an art teacher, so I have to make sure this one is good!

When I asked him about colors and design, this is how he replied: She is a quilter and an art teacher. Sooooo ... i would say pinks, purples, and blues. Maybe a touch of green. Jewel tones. The room where the quilt will likely hang has mauve carpet. I think those colors would work.

So, what I found is Fresh Air by Chez Moi by Moda. I didn't take a picture of the jelly roll, but Bren has some good shots of it on her blog. I bought a Jelly Roll at Cheryl's Quilts across town on my lunch hour yesterday along with some EQ Printables, this is what I have done so far:



I just love the clarity of the photos on these fabric sheets.

1 comment:

gracie said...

Those photos are WONDERFUL!!!

So's the layout. So's the quilter :)

xoxooxox