Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shipshewana Retreat

My guild retreat starts today, but we're not going until tomorrow morning. And then two and a half days of sewing, laughing, shopping, and of course chocolate. If there's one thing that quilters can do well, besides quilt, it's cook. The goodies at these retreats are always scrumptious.

This retreat is always special to me because my daughter Julie comes along. Last year she was expecting Andrew and the bunk beds were not kind to her. This year the retreat we are attending is in Shipshewana, Indiana at the Farmstead Inn. It is a wonderful facility with very nice rooms, great sewing rooms, a pool, hot tub and exercise room (to work off all the chocolate!). There are several great places to buy fabric, in case we don't bring enough. Lolly's is like heaven on earth and I hear they have a bargain basement now. Yoder's Department Store is a favorite also. We always eat dinner at the Essenhaus Restaurant in Middlebury and a trip to the Wanna-Cup for ice cream is in order. If you've heard of Shipshewana for anything besides fabric, it's probably the Flea Market. It isn't open for the year yet, but there are still plenty of places to shop.

I have my projects all cut, packed and ready to go. I just need to get a haircut, to pack my clothes, to visit Rossville Quilts tonight for Wednesday Block of the Month, and then get a good night's sleep, cause I know I won't get much sleep for the next couple nights.

If you're in the area - stop in and say HI. We'll be the bunch in the Red Barn Up Meeting Room. I'll have lots of pictures to show you on Sunday.

No comments: