Monday, April 14, 2008

The Birthday Boy

Andrew is 1 Year Old

My grandson Andrew's 1st birthday party was yesterday and what a fun afternoon it was. I made the cakes for the party and even though it has been a while since I did any cake decorating, I think they turned out cute.

He got to wear the bib that I made especially for his birthday. I embroidered the design on a piece of terry cloth and then finished the edges and added ribbing to the neck.


Here he is with his Funky Monkey quilt and sock monkey.


It's a good thing that he has a toy room because he received a lot of new stuff. Let's just say that he won't be bored or run out of new clothes to wear for a long, long time.



He really enjoyed clapping after opening each gift.

3 comments:

jenniebeth said...

What a sweetie pie! And your cakes look wonderful!!! Just like from the bakery! You are so multi-talented, my friend!
I can't believe it has been a whole year. He is growing up soooo quickly.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Hi, the pattern you inquired about is call Morning Glory... I can't remember who makes it or where I ordered it from. You can probably google it and find it somewhere. It's a good one and nice and easy to do.

bingo~bonnie said...

looks like Andrew really enjoyed his party! that last photo is so cute - I love seeingbbies clap their hands ;)

and my twins have just really started getting good at the pat-a-cakes too :) they will turn one in June.

Your bib you made is fantastic. We only have one made with the stretch hold opening and use it all the time for Olivia b/c she will pull and pull until she ripps off the velcrow ones. I sure wish I could find more like that one!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie