Monday, April 7, 2008

Backings and Bindings

Yesterday I spent a good part of the day piecing backings and making bindings.

I pieced a backing for the Cocacola quilt, but didn't get a picture of it before I hung it up, so that will have to come later. I also pieced a backing for a 57" square UFO using John Flynn's Diagonal Pieced backing method.

I took some pictures while I was making this, not knowing there were pictures on John's site. Oh well, they are on Webshots anyway.

I made bias bindings, just cut from strips, for my black and white March Challenge quilt because I wanted the diagonal effect. I made continuous bias binding for Andrew's Funky Monkey because I had a large enough square and I wanted the diagonal effect on that one also. I made plain binding for the cocacola quilt and the Scrappy Squares (oops, didn't get a picture of this one).


Rhonda said...

Thanks for the link to the diagnoal piecing back. Will have to try that.

Ruthie said...

The key to it working perfect is spray starch and I used my walking foot to stitch that seam.