Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day of Service



Cheri suggested on her blog that we take the time on Martin Luther King Day to work on some charity quilts. Here is my little contribution to "A Day of Service." I came home on my lunch hour yesterday and sewed on the first side of the binding. Last night while watching the inaguration preparations on CNN, I stitched almost 3 sides of it down. I sat down tonight, while watching the festivities and got it almost finished.

Now, here's where I need your help.....
Someone, somewhere, in blogland, in the past few months, posted about a quilt show they were having this spring that was in need of Quilts of Valor. Do you know who it was? I thought I had an email regarding the show, but I can't find it. I will be sending this one and my friend Janet has one as well.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful quilt............. It will definitely bring joy to the recipient.

Vicki W said...

You might contact QOV and ask them what show needs quilts. It could be MQX in New Hampshire - it's in April. But QOV could probably find a place close to home for you to send it - they have so many destinations!

Mimi said...

That quilt turned out beautiful!!