Thursday, January 8, 2009

1st Quilt Finish of 2009

I guess that Andrew's bag was my 1st finish of any kind in 2009, but this is my 1st QUILT finished. I put the last stitches on the binding of this quilt at the meeting last night. When I got home, I took a photo of it and boxed it up. Off to the post office this morning and now it is on it's way South. I named it Hawaiian Memories.....can you guess who it's for?



The batting was Hobbs 80/20, white PermaCore thread and the pantograph was Leafage, an 8.5" design by Keryn Emmerson, which I think was perfect for this quilt.


EDIT: there is a pattern similar to this by Atkinson Design called Slide Show.

5 comments:

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

Ruthie, that quilt turned out really pretty. I think the recipient will love it. Faye

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your quilt is so pretty. I love the big floral prints but it can be hard to know how to use them so don't usually buy them. Your quilt is a great example of how to use them.

Mary Johnson said...

It's gorgeous! I always jump from one thing to another when I'm quilting. I would be a lot more efficient if I just did one thing from beginning to end but it makes me happier to move from task to task.

sossy said...

I absolutely love this quilt Rutjie! It is gorgeous! So glad I got to see it in person!