Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Whew - A Clean Stovetop!

Yesterday Bingo Bonnie posted a challenge to do something that you don't like to do and she cleaned her stovetop. Well, I knew that mine needed to be cleaned, too. On Christmas Day I had a big spill of Green Bean Casserole in the oven and I ran the cleaning cycle a few days later and got it all wiped out, but neglected to do anything to the top. Her challenge was just what I needed, so I had a quick dinner of leftover chicken burrito with rice and then it was time to get out the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I LOVE those things. I went through two of them, but have a sparkling clean stovetop now. You can see that I was finished around 7:30pm and that left me just enough time to load and quilt Andrew's I-spy quilt.





I used Lava Deep Sea for the top and PermaCore Flapper Blue in the bobbin, Popcorn Panto and Hobbs 80/20 batting that was from a package and it is quite a bit lighter weight than what comes off the roll. I guess I didn't realize that before. The quilt is a bit larger than I intended, but I had so many cute novelty prints that I just kept sewing them together. Julie actually cut quite a few of them for me when she was making Rylan's I-spy quilt. She took my novelty drawer home and cut away. I ended up with an odd number of squares, which wouldn't work since I have 2 of each fabric so he can play a matching game. So, I printed out a photo of him to use as one of the squares. The first one I printed was too big, so I printed another smaller one.



I came up with an idea in the middle of the night and when I got up this morning I cut some fabric to make a tote bag for him with his picture on it and I embroidered his name in big block letters before I left for work. I will go home at lunch and assemble the bag and get some pictures of the quilt and bag.

3 comments:

Kim said...

The Mr. Clean sponges are fabulous! All I need to do is "use" mine, lol. Happy cleaning and quilting.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Whoa!!! Clean as a whistle. Wanna come do mine? I'll even provide the Mr. Clean sponges.

bingo~bonnie said...

FANTASTIC!!!! I am so happy that you accepted my challenge! You're the SECOND to do so! I hope more will go formy bonus entires and follow thru... ;)

thanks for playing along in my blog-give-away. :)

and we have something else in common...I'm working on an I-spy project too! (posted pics today)