Friday, January 23, 2009

FINALLY Done!

I've had this asian panel of Carole's for months and didn't know how to quilt it. I got ready to load it before Christmas and discovered the backing was too small. At that time, she said not to worry about it until after the holidays. So, last week I added some fabric to the backing and loaded it. Then I sat and stared at it....for a long, long time. Those corner blocks and borders had me stumped. Yesterday on the MQResource Forum I watched a video by Deb and decided how to do those borders.

It's my first try at something like these borders and it doesn't look bad from afar, but watch out if you happen to click on one of these photos to enlarge it. Oh well, it's all finished and I guess I'm happy with it. She is planning to do lots of embellishing.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, you did a beautiful job of quilting it. It's just lovely. I like the other quilting you did, as well as those borders. She's gonna love it! Eve

Susan said...

I clicked and I was impressed with your work. Great job.

Mel said...

I love that quilting design! Isn't it hard to be consistant? You are an amazing quilter!

Deborah Levy said...

You did a great job Ruthie!

janetsue2 said...

Ruthie,
I love the borders and I am sure Carole will love it. She loves everything you quilt!