Saturday, October 18, 2008

Circle Lord Fan-Clam Template

Until last night I hadn't used the clam part of my Fan-Clam template. Carole's Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt for her grandson was the perfect one to try it on. I LOVE how it turned out and if you look at the clams on the diagonal, they kind of look like a caterpillar to me. I didn't time myself, but this one went very fast. Each advance included going left, right, left and right. I used Warm & Natural batting and Permacore White thread.





It went so quick that I decided to load a NICU sock monkey quilt. This one has Hobbs 80/20 and Permacore White thread.



And then I loaded this beautifully pieced pineapple baby quilt belonging to Katherine. A simple meander on this one and the news was on and it was time to turn in for the night. This also has Hobbs 80/20 and Permacore White thread.


3 comments:

Purple Pam said...

I am so glad to see another Hungry Caterpillar quilt. I have one top made, and I want to make two more for teachers at my school. I need to get two of them done by mid November.

I think the purple turning twenty quilt is wonderful. You can never have too many purples, I think!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, the quilting queen reigns! They are beautiful, especially the pineapple quilt-

Mary Johnson said...

I've got the BF version before they combined it with the clamshell unfortunately. I love the look of them on both these quilts.