Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Old Tippecanoe Quilt Guild & UFO Finish

Our guild meeting last night included show-n-tell and I just love to see all the wonderful projects everyone has to show. There were antique quilts, wall hangings, a happy birthday banner, some really big quilts, cute baby quilts, a retreat mystery quilt, just to name a few. I worked on hand stitching the binding on this quilt during the meeting and got 3 sides finished and the fourth about half done. I finished the remaining stitching at home watching a hockey game in overtime with Dan. Hockey is one of his passions and he played until just a few years ago. If we had a rink closer than 60 miles away, I'm sure he would still be playing every week.

This is another UFO started this year and is the leftovers from Andrew's 1st birthday quilt. I will donate it to a local hospital for their NICU unit. This is my 4th 2008 UFO to finish meaning I'm halfway to achieving my goal of 8 finishes by 2009.

2 comments:

swooze said...

Good for you on the finishes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruthie,

Thanks for telling me about McTavishing! It does look very similar, except I am doing it on my home machine.

I love that monkey quilt! :) It looks very cute!