Thursday, October 2, 2008

What a Day!

There I was enjoying lunch at Little Mexico with 2 of my favorite people, my daughter, Julie and grandson, Andrew.



My husband Dan called to say that I better come home as we have a water leak. We finished lunch and then I went home to begin the cleanup. He hardly ever goes home for lunch, but lucky for us, yesterday he did. A pipe that's inside a closet and goes to the outside faucet broke and water was spewing out as he walked in the house. He got the water turned off and made a trip to Lowes to find the correct plumbing parts, while I mopped up water and cleaned out closets. I figured I might as well do some purging while I was taking stuff out. I listed some stuff on Freecycle and the rest went in the trash tote. All the towels have been washed and dried and the carpets are dry (with the exception of one little part that we didn't see yesterday. All I can say is: What a test of our relationship on the day before our anniversary!!

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Ugh broken pipes! I've got stories. Sorry about that. Its terrible. And makes a mess.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary after that.

cheers
Christine