Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Guild Program, Mystery Quilts and a UFO Finish

Last night at guild we had a great program given by Laura. She brought quilts with words on them and what a variety....embroidery, hand applique, machine applique, pieced-both regular and wonky. What great ideas she showed using words on quilts, much like a label for your quilt, right on the front. A lot of her quilts are made as a remembrance of an event or time in the lives of her family. I really enjoyed the program, Laura!

Back to hand binding,
While watching the debate last night I worked on stitching the binding on my CT guild mystery quilt.



Speaking of mystery quilts, I don't believe that I posted that this one was finished. I have added it to my New Years Challenge image over there >



It was the mystery quilt at the retreat last month, provide by Laura and Dawn. I didn't do it at the retreat, but took home all the clues and used half-square triangles leftover from the Watermelon Hearts quilt. I knew that I had over 100 of these bonus HSTs and decided to use them for this little baby quilt. Mine is a bit smaller than the rest and I didn't do any of the borders like in the pattern. Here are a couple from guild show 'n tell. Aren't they great?



2 comments:

Lori said...

They are great, Ruthie.Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Thanks Ruthie for the kind words!

I love your mystery it turned out great!