Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Little Quilt Show

What can you accomplish at a 3 and a quarter day retreat? Well, just about one thing per day. First here is my Simply Hearts, which I purchased the pattern and some of the FQs last year on the way to retreat, in Hannibal, MO. I just love it and it's been named Watermelon Hearts by Dan.



Next is the Pumpkin Patch Primatives block swap from last year. I still want to put borders on this and have a pile of half-square trianges to trim up.



Next is my Pineapple Blossom from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.com
I cut strips from my green and white/cream scrap boxes and would you believe that I ran out and had to get some greens off the scrap table for the final strips. I had plenty more green at home, but just didn't take along enough strips. I didn't get the rows sewn together until I got home, cause of space limitations at retreat. It still needs borders, but I'm not sure what kind.




Here's my March Challenge quilt, "Catch A Spinning Star" with it's blue ribbon on it. The pattern is one of the free ones available from JudyL.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like you got a lot done, and they are all so pretty and so different. I do think that maybe you are partial to green though. I have never been to a retreat, and thought maybe there was a lot of socializing, but it must be done while the machines are humming away. Thank you for the quilt show.

julieQ said...

Looks like you got so much done! Love your pineapple green quilt, it is wonderful. And your heart one is just great. My favorite colors!

Rose said...

Loved seeing what all you got done!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely quilt show you were very busy....