Friday, June 6, 2008

The Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, well actually I said that it was the 33rd anniversary of my 21st birthday. Not that I would want to be 21 again, heaven forbid, not in this day and age. I was quite happy being 21 at that time. I had 2 toddlers, so my days were full of Sesame Street and such.

These balloons were delivered at work in the morning from Jeff.


I took 3 hours off in the afternoon to do some yard work and I left work just before these were delivered in the afternoon, also from Jeff.


I have to pat myself on the back for raising such a fine young man, who certainly knows how to spoil a woman, even if it's only his mother. Jeff is still single, by the way!

The Computer
Those of you who know me know that I'm a Mac user. I'm a graphic designer and the Mac is well know for being "the operating system" for graphic design. I have done some freelance design, so I had a Mac at home as well.

When I got my embroidery machine and software, I needed a PC, so Dan got me an older PC with Windows 98 on it. It has served me well with the Artista, Magic Box, and EQ5 software, however, I just purchased Machine Quilters Business Software and it needs Windows 2000, or newer.

My old G3 Mac was slowly dying....I still had OS 9 and old versions of IE and Outlook Express. We made the switch from Verizon to Comcast for our internet service and the Comcast wouldn't work on my old Mac...........
so my birthday present from Dan is this Dell with Windows XP.



So far, so good, but I do miss the Mac, which is at the computer store trying to have the old photo files put on CDs or DVDs.

5 comments:

Linda C. said...

Happy 21st birthday anniversay, Ruthie! Had to laugh at your comment about not being 21 in this day and age. At a luncheon at a seminar, one of the men at the table looked around the room and commented, "There are lots of young people here." We all looked around, and concurred. Then, he said, "Just think . . . this is their 'good old days'". Everyone at the table went, EEEEUUUUWWW!

Rhonda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTHIE!!
You have some wonderful men in your life! Congrats on the new compu!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Cornfield Quilter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Sounds like the men in your
family are very thoughtful and
you are a very lucky lady to have
them.
Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday! As for your son, How Wonderful.He is still on the market? Probably not for long...
good guy + motorcycle + treats his mom well = JACKPOT!!!
Are the girls slow or what? (just kidding)Rushing in this day and age is probably not a good idea!