Thursday, June 12, 2008

Relay For Life

My friend Judy has just finished her last round of chemo and is back to work, just as peppy and upbeat as ever. She is a member of the Common Threads Quilt Guild and requested 9" pink and white blocks from members to make a quilt for the Relay For Life event. I offered to quilt it for her and she dropped it off Monday evening. Last night I loaded it and did the quilting using a new panto - Button Flower by Keryn Emmerson, PermaCore white thread and Warm & White batting.
Well, here is another panto that I really like. I tend to shy away from those pantographs that crossover quilting lines, because I don't generally do that in free-motion quilting, so I didn't care for the look, but this one - I really Like!
I left Judy a message saying the quilt is finished and can't wait for her to pick it up.



Here's a close-up of her ribbon blocks:



More photos in my Webshots Album.

3 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

beautiful...my mom is a breast cancer survivor and we (the whole family) are all part of relay for life...can't wait to send her to your blog to see the quilt!

your work is so gorgeous, ruthie!

gracie said...

Ruthie...

You are such a wonderful friend to so many.

Awesome job!

xoxoxooxox

janetsue2 said...

I think the quilting is really nice.I know that we have favorite patterns but, not every quilt would look good with the popcorn pattern that I love. :)
janet