Sunday, June 15, 2008

Auction Quilt

I know that I should be packing for my retreat on Tuesday, but there is one more quilt that I want to finish.

A little history about this quilt:
Every other year one of my guilds has an auction. 2 years ago there was an antique quilt top that I purchased for just a few dollars and I found out later that Janet was, at one time, the owner of said quilt top, and that she had taken the block out of the quilt, for what reason I still don't know-- but anyway, then she donated it to the auction. Rita bought the quilt top at the next auction and then 2 years ago she must have donated it back to the auction and I bought it. It has been my plan for almost a year to make a new block to replace the missing one and quilt it and give it back to the auction. The auction is this coming Wednesday and I leave for retreat on Tuesday, so I really need to finish it today.

I do mostly pantographs on my quilts, but wanted to do something special to this one. Feathered wreaths are in the solid blocks and continuous curves in the lemoyne stars. Not perfect by any means, but we all have to start somewhere.

I will be horified if no one even buys it, but if that happens, I don't want to know about it, OK!!!

 
Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

janetsue2 said...

Ruthie,
I have been racking my brain trying to remember why I would have taken a block out of this quilt top. Thinking back it seems to me that when I bought this top it was coming apart at the seams or something. It's been too many years and I've slept since then.
I love the quilting on this and I can't wait to see this quilt upclose and personal. I will definitely bid on it.
Janet