Monday, October 13, 2008

The Road Trip

Saturday's trip to the Valparaiso Quilt Show included a stop in Crown Point at Bits 'n Pieces. If you haven't been there and are in the area, it is a wonderful shop. They have the friendliest staff I've ever encountered.

Then we hit the Hobby Lobby in Merrilville and then on to the quilt show. It was a very nice show with some outstanding quilts. The next stop was Red Robin. I was good and had a salad, while the others enjoyed delicious looking burgers and steak fries. I did have a couple of those yummy onion rings from the tower.


Driving down I-65, I casually asked if anyone was interested in an ice cream or coffee. Yes's were heard from all seats and we made the stop at Fair Oaks Dairy. Here's the group after our ice cream.


While driving to my house from Tammy's, we were behind this little VW bug that had a windup thing on the back, that moved with the wind. CUTE AS CAN BE!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ruthie, It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Bonnie said...

Love the cow at the ice cream place! Yum.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I just drove through that way! I drove from Cinccinnati to Milwaukee and was told by a Guild member to stop at Bits 'N Pieces in Crown POint. Loved it!