Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Frogs and A Birthday!

I suddenly realized that I don't have a baby boy quilt for my soon-to-be grandchild. I have 2 baby girl quilts, but thought I better get busy.

Before Andrew was born my friend, Dottie, gave me this cute little kit from Joann's that has minkee, fleece and cotton fabrics, including some frog fabric. I assembled it for baby Andrew, but it never got quilted. It is one of my UFOs in the slide show over there>>


I found it on Thursday and loaded it while waiting for Kale and Lynn to come for his birthday dinner. I still had the Froggy pantograph on the table and how convenient is that?


I did a couple rows and then when they arrived, Lynn tried it and she did a wonderful job. She said she has pieced some blocks, but that is her quilting experience, so I'm very impressed. I can see some quilting time for the 2 of us if their repationship lasts.



We had a nice dinner, courtesy of Arni's, and they took his cake home with them because it got really late.


2 comments:

marilyn said...

even if the relationship didn't last, you could keep the new quilting friend!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, the quilt is so pretty-the frogs make it perfect! She is a keeper if she quilts!