Thursday, July 17, 2008

Going to the Fair!

This morning I'm taking 2 quillts to the county fair, Catch a Spinning Star, and Bow Ties. Last year I didn't enter any, but the year before I entered 3 of them.

Here's a funny about that year:
I received great comments on all of them, but they weren't eligible for any sweepstakes awards because they were without labels. I went home and made labels for all three of them and sewed them on so that I could take them to the state fair the next day. I told the check-in lady about the labels and she said, "Well, we really don't want labels on them, but if they have labels we will cover them up." Sheesh, oh well, at least they now have labels. As do the ones I'm taking today.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Best of luck! Label or no label, I hope you have great success.

Granny said...

Kinda fickle, aren't they! Your Catch a Spinning Star is one of the prettiest ones I've seen . . and I saw a whole bunch of them! Good luck at the fair.

dot said...

Beautiful quilts. The guidelines seem a bit crazy making. Can't win either way. GOod luck and keep us informed.

Purple and Paisley said...

good luck and have fun! i love your bow tie quilt!

Julie said...

Good luck to you!